The Church of the Transfiguration was closed in 2000, and the church building located on the corner of 56th and Cedar in West Philadelphia was demolished in 2009.
Follow AbandonedWay Halls Tower is an abandoned 16-story concrete tower located in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. The Hall’s tower (originally named Carillon Tower) was designed as a dream home for family of former Silver Spring Twp. businessman John P. Hall. The abandoned Hall tower may be seen
Follow AbandonedWay Yellow Dog Village is an abandoned mining town located seven miles west of Kittanning, Pennsylvania. The village once served as home to workers at the Buffalo Creek Mine, but after the mine’s closing final resident moved out in around 2011. Throughout Pennsylvania, small communities
The Huber Breaker was built in 1939 to replace the old Maxwell Breaker. Pictures Show the Blue Coal Huber Breaker Before It Was Demolished
At peak, Bethlehem Steel was the world’s second largest steel producer and one of the largest shipbuilding companies in the world. Bethlehem Steel was forced to cease production on November 18, 1995.
Constructed in 1904, this abandoned factory Kiddie Kloes Factory in Lansford, Pennsylvania started out as a silk mill. Unused since being closed in the 1990s, the main 3 story brick building is completely grown over on two sides with ivy and vines.
The Uptown theater in Philadelphia stayed open until 1978. True Light Community Ministries purchased the Uptown in 1989, but abandoned the property after a 1991 storm damaged the roof.
The Holmesburg Prison was closed in 1995. Dr. Albert Kligman performed medical trials on the inmates of Philadelphia's Holmesburg Prison between 1951 and 1974l. The prison is also notable for several major riots in the early 1970s.
In 2011, the entire Warminster Abandoned Neighborhood PA shut down and all of the residents were forced to evacuate their homes due to plumbing issues, faulty street and lot layouts, and economically or socially undesirable land use.
Pictures Show Demolition of Hershey Chocolate Factory in Hershey, PA. The original factory housed all production until 1963, when a factory in Smith Falls, Ontario opened, followed by one in Oakdale, CA in 1965.