Follow AbandonedWay A Victorian church which has now been closed 37 years. It’s come under attack over years, with all windows shattered there is some of churches touches still in place but a good majority of it was stolen which is such shame that history gets took like this. Below you may find pictures made […
Follow AbandonedWay In 1929, a large-scale campaign against religious organizations began in the USSR, which led to the mass closure, destruction and re-profiling of religious buildings that, according to local executive committees, did not have historical value. The Church of the Annunciation of the
The Woodward Avenue Presbyterian Church is an abandoned church located at 8501 Woodward Avenue in Detroit, Michigan. It was built in the Gothic revival style by the architect Sidney Badgley and was active to worshippers from 1911 to 2004.
These written words, “The Mamertine Prison of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul,” signal where Saints Peter and Paul were arrested and held while evangelizing in the Eternal City. Today, the San Giuseppe dei Falegnami church stands on top of Mamertine Prison.
Despite some years of high enrollment, the St. Stanislaus Bishop and Martyr Church closed in 2014. Pictures show abandoned church in Detroit.
St. Joseph Church is a former Byzantine Catholic church in the Union-Miles Park neighbourhood in Cleveland, Ohio. The church building was demolished in 2016.
A southeastern U.S. state of Virginia is home to dozens of abandoned churches. Here are 30 photos that show Virginia abandoned churches. Urban explorers have been documenting abandoned churches across Virginia for almost a decade.
Find Photos of an abandoned St. Vladimirs Church in the village of Sloboda, Smolensk.
Abandoned Church of the Resurrection of Christ in Akhmat. The stone church of the Resurrection of Christ in Akhmat, which is a vivid example of the Russian architectural style, was built at the expense of the infantry general Obolyaninov in 1839 (according to other dates in 1827 or in 1829).
Abandoned Orthodox Dormition Church of Kondopoga. The church was built in 1774 in the style of Russian wooden architecture. Belongs to Prionezhskaya school hip architecture. Near the Assumption Church, there were two wooden buildings that disappeared in the Soviet era: the winter Church of the Nativity