Wheatsworth Mill is an abandoned grain mill originally built in 1808, in Hamburg, New Jersey. The Wheatsworth Mill was constructed in 1808 as a grain mill and operated continuously from construction through 1943. The oldest part of the existing mill is its center stone portion, constructed in 1808 and partially rebuilt with some Classically-inspired detailing after a 1834 fire. This mill was purchased by F.H.Bennett in 1921 and renamed Wheatsworth Mills in 1927, around the time that the extant five- and six-story concrete additions that now dwarf the original mill were constructed.
The National Biscuit Company (Nabisco) purchased Wheatsworth Mill in 1931, taking ownership of the factory/mill After operating there for six years, Nabisco sold the plant to Canterbury Mills, the last operator to use the building for baking-related purposes. The final owner, a wire coatings manufacturer called Plastoid Corporation, took possession in 1943. While they eventually moved production to another location, Plastoid’s corporate offices remained in the building until sometime in the 1980s. The abandoned Wheatsworth Mill building was listed on Preservation New Jersey’s Most Endangered Historic Places list in 2012.