The lighthouse at Rinderort became operational in 1868. Initially, it was a kerosene lantern with a lens, mounted on a wooden rod 12 meters long. In 1908, a 15.3 meters high lighthouse was built of bricks. The lighthouse has a spiral stone staircase, a copper roof, and a caretaker’s brick house. The lighthouse tower is made of bricks manufactured by W.JOURLAUKE.
The light of the lighthouse was two-sector: red and white visibility 7 and 12 miles, respectively. Fire characteristics: light 3.0 seconds, darkening 2.0 seconds, period 5.0 seconds, the height of fire 14.3 m.
The lighthouse is currently inactive. The lighthouse in Zalivin is one of the three pre-war lighthouses that have survived on the territory of the Kaliningrad region.
In July 2020, the lighthouse was transferred to the Museum of the World Ocean.
If you’d like to see more abandoned places and shipwreck, then check out our articles on the Soviet Ships Graveyard in Perm, Russia and the Photos of Moscow abandoned factory and sunken ships