The Church of the Conception was formerly located in the village of Ostrov, one verst from the village of Gora, and the village of Ostrov has been known from written sources since 1498. At the beginning of the 18th century. the wooden Church of the Conception in the village of Ostrov burned down, and in 1743 a new wooden one was built.
In 1826 the temple was extended in width, and the iconostasis was renewed in it. In 1858 a bell tower was erected. In 1856, in the village of Ostrov, a second wooden church was built — in the name of the Holy Life-Giving Trinity, with a chapel in the name of Dimitri of Thessaloniki.
In 1896 the Trinity Church was sold to the town of Lanino. And in the village of Ostrov, in its place, the erection of a beautiful stone church began, laid on May 14, 1896, in memory of the coronation of Emperor Nicholas II and Empress Alexandra Feodorovna.
In 1877 a wooden house was built and donated to members of the clergy by Yegoryevsk merchant Elkin. Priest Vasily Tsvetaev taught at the parish school. In Soviet times, the church was closed and plundered.