The station was opened in 1850. Built according to the standard design of 1849. Post Station built in a gothic style. The main building of the post station is visible from the road — unfortunately, it is in a deplorable state. The station consisted of the main house containing an office, a post office, a station superintendent’s apartment, a staff quarters, and a waiting room.
Nearby there was a coachman’s, service, hayloft, and stables for 33 horses. The station ensemble was a closed courtyard with a gate in the front, to the side of the main house. The station performed an important transport function: the postmen exchanged mail here, rested, heated the road, changed horses, charged road tolls, checked travelers’ documents, and registered them.
In Soviet times, these buildings were apartments, but, with the departure of people, the building was plundered (the floors, roofs, doors, windows were removed, the stoves were dismantled, and now it is in a deplorable state and is unlikely to be restored) Like other postal stations, it somewhat removed from the road itself and has a closed semicircular exit. Nearby, in the lowland, there is a hut with a modern post office.
Abandoned Post Station Location
Abandoned Post Station Coordinates: 56.625075, 28.816692