Akhmat village is located on the right bank of the Volga river, 45 kilometers south of Saratov and 14 kilometers east of Krasnoarmeisk. The village is connected with the regional center by a regular bus.
The nearest railway station of the Privolzhskaya regional railway, Bobrovka, is 26 kilometers away. Route P228, which connects Saratov and Volgograd, runs 20 kilometers west of Akhmat.
The stone church of the Resurrection of Christ in Akhmat, which is a vivid example of the Russian architectural style, was built at the expense of the infantry general Obolyaninov in 1839 (according to other dates in 1827 or in 1829). A cold building with a bell tower and side-altars in the name of Archangel Michael (right) and Nicholas the Wonderworker (left) was erected on a hill, it could be seen from afar both from the side of the roads leading to the village and from ships sailing along the Volga.
The staff of the clergy consisted of a priest and a psalm-reader who lived in public houses. Today, the temple, closed during the Soviet era, is abandoned. The interior decoration was completely lost, but the building itself escaped destruction.