Petrozavodsk “Avangard” Shipbuilding Plant from 1939

Inside Main Building Avangard Plant ABANDONED SPACES
The shipbuilding plant "Avangard" was founded on June 2, 1939, under the name Torpedo-sighting station "Severnaya tochka" (STS "ST"), since 1945 it has been building and repairing mine trawlers, fishing vessels, small self-propelled dry cargo ships, yachts, and boats.

Brief history: from 1939 till now

The shipbuilding plant “Avangard” was founded on June 2, 1939, under the name Torpedo-sighting station “Severnaya tochka” (STS “ST”), since 1945 it has been building and repairing mine trawlers, fishing vessels, small self-propelled dry cargo ships, yachts, and boats.

The first ships of the MBB type of Project 365 Albatross designed for fishing in the White and Barents Seas were launched by the shipyard in 1947. From 1950 to 1970 the plant built crew and ambulance boats, Kola-type fishing boats, lifeboats, including self-propelled boats for the Lenin nuclear-powered icebreaker, sea buoys, river sirens, winches, three-color lights, tower cranes, Anders cranes, oil tanks, watering machines, flow generators.

“Avangard” Shipbuilding Plant, 1939
Refrigerating Fishing Vessel type “Karelia”, the first of ship project of the plant with Refrigerated Sea Water (RSW) systems

Since 1954, the construction of small all-metal fishing seiners of the MPC-80 type began for fishing in the seas of the Far East. In 1955-1960 Project 388 seiners with a displacement of 245 tons, floating diesel-electric cranes, fireboats are being built. From 1957 to 1976 a large series of small dry cargo vessels of project 456 Kolkhoznitsa was built. A total of 1845 ships were built. From 1964 to 1976 the plant produced trailers-refrigerators MRT-R of project 1282 of the Karelia type. A total of 109 ships were built. In 1976, construction of cargo motor ships of the 1660 project of the Kizhi type was mastered. Since 1977, the plant has been building small fishing refrigerated trawlers of Project 1296 of the Palanga type, passenger, and cargo ships of Project 16930 of the Kolos type. Since 1954, the factory has been producing sports goods, kitchen furniture, furniture sets “Birch”, garden houses, pleasure boats “Karelia”, “Birch”, “Mullet”, the first domestic recreational fiberglass yachts “Assol”, mini-daggers “Junior” “. By a decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of August 30, 1985, the plant was awarded the Order of the Badge of Honor. Temporary repair of trolleybuses Located on Onega Flotilla Street, 1.

Inside main building of the plant

It is currently declared bankrupt and does not work according to its profile.

On the basis of the plant, in 2011 LLC “Ekranoplanostroitelnoe association“ Orion ”organized a center for the construction of ekranoplanes.

Sources and References: Карелия: энциклопедия: в 3 т. / гл. ред. А. Ф. Титов. Т. 3: Р — Я. — Петрозаводск: ИД «ПетроПресс», 2011. — С. 146—147 — 384 с.: ил., карт. ISBN 978-5-8430-0127-8 (т. 3)

#Abandoned #Abandonedlocations #Russia #AbandonedRussia #Plant #Factory

gregoryhooqe
Rate author