Today we will show the Type PPEK-30 floating non-self-propelled crane with the name “Volcano”, which was built in Khabarovsk, built in Finland in 1958 in Turku, JSC Creighton-Volcano, which had been cooperating with the USSR since May 1932.
This floating crane with a lifting capacity of 30 tons and a displacement of 650 tons once belonged to the vessels of the technical, maintenance, and auxiliary fleet and was assigned to the Khabarovsk Shipyard named after Kirov, where it found its last refuge near the outbuilding wall. By the way, on satellite images, he stands moored to her at least since 2005.
In addition to transshipment and transportation of conventional cargoes, the crane mounted and dismantled antenna devices and large-sized heavy weapons on warships, mounted and revised raid equipment, installed berths, hoisted boats and yachts for docking and launching, and much more another.
The cranes of this Finnish plant were operated far beyond the borders of the country in which they were built, and this crane was brought to the other end of the continent, and even to the Amur River. It is not even known whether the plant was closed earlier or if this crane was no longer used. It is strange that it has not yet been sawn into metal.
Of course, inside he was plundered long ago.
Although gearboxes for rotating mechanisms and winch drums still remain.
In general, this is a rather curious example of the Finnish shipbuilding industry, which entered the Khabarovsk River Fleet, where he regularly worked in the backwater of the now-dead shipyard named after Kirov.